Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Avery's birth











Where does the time go??? It has been four months since my last blog. So I'll just start with July. July 1st we signed papers on our house. It's not really our house, just a rental. Jeremy's work has company housing that they rent to the employees real cheap. We've been on the list for probably a year and finally we got one. So that was a Wednesday. Before leaving Safford we went looking for new living room furniture since we didn't have any. Then on to Coolidge. At the time I was 38 weeks along. On Thursday (July 2nd) I had a doctor's appointment. We were also going to get stuff from storage and take it back to Morenci. However, the doctor said that I was 4cm and about 50% effaced and that the baby would probably come that night or that weekend. Jeremy was not going to let me go back to Safford let alone Morenci. So we still went out to the storage unit and loaded up the truck. Jeremy dropped me and Quinton off at my sister's house and left for Morenci. The doctor was right again. While he was gone, I started having contractions. Not bad ones. Just little ones here and there. About 10:30 they were stronger and coming more often. Jeremy was going to drop the stuff off in Morenci and come straight back. Around midnight (July3rd) I had timed the contractions for the past hour. They were different then when I was pregnant with Quinton. The contractions were coming every 5 min. unless I changed position. Then it would be 7 min and then back to 5. The contractions hurt but not like with Quinton. Quinton started out strong and literally brought be to my knees. Jeremy got back a little after 12. I called the hospital and talked to a nurse to see what I should do. She said to come in. So we did. Jeremy barely had time to sit before we were off. I was admitted to the triage. When they checked me, I was just about 6cm. With Quinton I was 3cm when I went into the hospital. So I figured it would go fast. Once they had a room for me, I was taken to the L&D room. I didn't get the epidural right away. I thought maybe it won't be so bad and could go without it. I was wrong. Eventually the contractions got worst and got the epidural. I stayed at 6cm for about 6-7 hours. When I got to a 7 my doctor broke my water. Even then I didn't progress any faster. Finally I made it to 8cm. I felt a couple of gushed and next thing I knew it was time to push. I went from and 8 to 10cm in a matter of minutes. I pushed for probably 10 min and then my beautiful Avery was born. 7lbs 5 oz and 19 1/2 inches. Some may think its gross but I got to watch Avery be born. The nurse brought in a mirror and I watched her come out. It was the neatest thing I have ever witnessed. She looked so much like Quinton only with beautiful little girl fingers. She had lots of hair and cutest round face. Quinton was happy to see her. Both Quinton and Avery were born 11 days early, both 7 lbs babies, I was in labor 10 hours and only pushes for 10 min with both. Both are very beautiful (even though Quinton says he's not beautiful, he's handsome).

No comments: