Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Labor Day weekend 2009





Every year on Labor Day weekend, Jeremy's family has their annual Wiltbank Family Reunion. This year it would be Avery's first camp out. For the most part she did pretty good. It was cold and rainy and she took it all in very well. Quinton had a lot of fun too. He played with cousins. Matter of fact, within 5 minutes of getting to the camp site, he found some kids to play with. And as usually, found some way to get into trouble. Funny story... I let Quinton and one of his cousins play with our old camera. I told them to go take picture of plants and trees. When they brought back the camera I looked to see what they took pictures of. As I'm looking through the pictures, I notice picture of Quinton climbing the ladder that led to the roof of our camp trailer. As I continue to flip through the pictures, the continues to climb the ladder then get on top of the trailer. He was caught on film (so to speak) doing something that he wasn't suppose to do. It was so funny that I couldn't get mad at him. He's lucky he didn't fall. The last time he climbed the ladder he did fall but I was right there and caught him. He was luck. So back to the camp out. It rained a lot. We had a dutch oven dessert cook off. And guess who tied for first? Yup my dump cake tied. It is one of my family's favorite desserts. I wasn't sure if it would turn out. I was more surprised that it won. We played one hand of chicken foot dominoes Sunday afternoon before we had to pack up and leave. Jeremy had to work Monday so we actually spent Labor Day at home. But it was a good first camp out for Avery.






No comments: