Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Avery's blessing

Avery was blessed August 16 by her father. As any other time you want everything to go smooth and perfect, things are stressful and rushed. With such a big family that I have we had to make sure we were at the church early enough to get lots of seating. I think even as early as we were and as many rows we saved, we still didn't have enough. I guess that is how it goes. The blessing was beautiful. We had a big circle and even though Jeremy was nervous, he did great. Then pictures after the meeting. Lunch was at my mom's house and that was crazy. My mom has a big house but there were a lot of people and things weren't ready. So that was stressful. But it all turned out good. Avery looked so beautiful. My mom made the dress, my sister-in-law made the bonnet and my sister made her a bracelet. It was a good day. Not to mention the dress was saved from the traditional blessing day diaper explosion. Thank goodness. We had four generations there from both side. it was nice to have so many grandma's around. Unfortunately there was only one grandpa at the time.
We had a little lunch after at my mom's house and man was it crowded. She has a good size house but there were a lot of people. It turned out to be a nice day.

No comments: