Thursday, September 24, 2009

Temple in the Gila Valley


Months ago it was announced that there will be a temple built in the Gila Valley. The plans were drawn up and the site was dedicated and the work began. The temple is being built in Central. I have driven by the site many times and each time I say I want to stop and take pictures. But each time I drive by I either miss it or forget or don't have time. The temple is getting close to being finished. I think it is suppose to be done by January. The other day a co-worker in another office said they were putting up the Angel Moroni on the temple and went down to watch. He had one of his friends that was there taking pictures send him what he took. He was nice enough to send them to my boss who sent them to me. They are pretty nice pictures. I think this is real neat to see a temple being built. I've never seen one in all the stages from being planned all the way to being operational. This is an opportunity that I doubt that I will ever happen again. History in the making. And it's even neater that this one is so close. No more having to drive hours to go to the temple. Well I guess I will have to drive at least an hour since I moved to Morenci. I can only imagine how busy it will be.

No comments: