Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Playing Catch up



So it's been a few years since I have done any posting. Few things have changed. Quinton is now 3 1/2 (going on 16, he's always asking to drive the car) and very independent. He is very smart. He knows his alphabets and can spell and write his first name. If you look close to the picture above, he wrote his name on the garbage can in permanent marker. He writes his "Q" upside-down. We're working on middle and last. He is going to be a big brother too. At first he wasn't very excited about his baby sister. To be honest, he was mad. When the technician told us that it looks like a girl, he chased her down the hall telling her that "it's a boy." A little later he told me "I not glad any more." He was so broken hearted. That was in February. Now he is ok. Mostly because he thinks that he is having the little brother. I'll have him talk to his little sister and he will put his lips on my belly and tell her he loves her. Then he will have me talk to his little brother by doing the same. At my last doctor appointment, I told the doctor that Quinton is having a baby too. My doctor put the Doppler thing on his belly and moved it around so it sounded like there is a baby in there. He thought that was pretty neat. Luckily he doesn't talk much about his baby in his belly. That baby has been replaced with a stuffed bunny rabbit. He calls it his baby and take it everywhere, well almost everywhere. He's brought it a few times to Walmart with us and the bunny gets put in the front seat of the basket. But he loves his baby sister. I know he will be a great big brother. He like to help with the cooking and the cleaning. He's even given his bunny a bath.




Baby girl Wiltbank is due to be born July 14th. If this pregnancy is like Quinton's, she will be early. We moved to Safford over 2 years ago. They have one clinic and one doctor here for deliveries. So opted to go back to the same doctor that I went to with Quinton which is in Gilbert.
We have a few first names picked out but nothing set in stone. Her middle name will be Pearl which is my middle name, which I got from my Great-Grandmother. I'm still working. I work for the Graham County Recorder's Office. I've been here since we moved to Safford and most likely I'll be here for a while after the baby comes. The pregnancy hasn't been too bad. At the beginning, I had the all-day yuckies, but that's about it. Now it's easy going for the most part. I've had quite a bit of stress from various sources, but other than that, it has been a been a pretty easy pregnancy.


As for Jeremy, I'm am proud of this wonderful guy. On May 8th, 2009, Jeremy will be graduating from EAC with his AAS in Electrical Mining Technician. More pictures to follow. He was fortunate to get accepted as an intern for the FreePort McMoRan Mine (formally known as Phelps Dodge). They paid for him to go to school and paid him to work. It is a great program. He has worked so hard and has kept his grade up. He has met a lot of friends that have helped him. I think he has enjoyed college life. He says he will be glad when it's over but he'll probably miss it too. We had a little scare a month or so ago when the company told him that he would be laid off as soon as school is over. Copper prices dropped to the point that over 1500 employees. We were worried that Jeremy would be in that group but he made it through just to be told he wouldn't have a job after school is done. So we looked for jobs and he did get one call back in WY. I wasn't too excited but I go where Jeremy goes. Then a few weeks ago, Jeremy was told that they would honor their contract and keep the interns on for another two years. Copper prices are on the rise. So for the next two years we will be here. We're on the list to get a Morenci house, so I guess we'll be there for the next two years.

No comments: