Tuesday, April 28, 2009

New Toys

About a year ago, Jeremy was finishing up his first year at school and wanting a truck. It just so happen that my brother wanted to sell his truck. It's an older truck but a nice one. So we bought it. This past March Jeremy turned his wonderful truck (I sometimes call the Beast) into w 3-wheeler in an accident. Luckily for us, my brother that we bought it from is good with vehicles and can fix it to make it look like it never happened. Wish I could say the same for the title. I still find it hard to believe that a little car could have knocked the tire off this big thing. Don't know what kind of car 'cuz we never got a copy of the police report. At the time it happened, I couldn't talk about it. I didn't even tell the ladies I work with. But the whole ordeal is almost over and soon it will be just a memory and a higher insurance rate.

Just before my miscarriage at the end of July, we started looking for a camp trailer. Every year Jeremy's family has a family reunion and my family likes to go camping and trailers make things so much easier. We were in Mesa for my D&C Surgery and Jeremy got a second wind and was bound and determined to find a trailer. So luckily I was feeling ok after a little rest so we went out in search of a trailer. We looked at a few until we found this beauty. She's older too and in need of a little work but a good deal. Jeremy and Quinton picked her up the following Monday. We took out the carpet and replaced it with linoleum, cleaned the couches and it was good to go. We've used it a few times last year and hope to use it some more this year once the truck is fixed.



Another itch of ours. With our growing family we decided a bigger car was what we needed. 2008 was turning out to be an expensive year. We got this before the copper dropped and wasn't sure that Jeremy even had a job still but here we are April 2009 and things are looking good for now. This will be the last purchase for a VERY LONG time. After much research, I found that Pathfinders are more cost efficent in the long run and we are getting about the same gas mileage with this as we were with our Stratus. This one has tinted windows:) Of course black doesn't really help in the Arizona sun. Oh well.

No comments: